Sunday, April 27, 2014

First Cut

There are times I sit and wonder what life would be like had I chosen you and not her. Would I have learned any more or any less than I do at this stage? How much more would you have given me than her? What kind of man would I have been walking that road with you? It was a horrible decision to walkaway from you the way I did, I took advantage of your fragile state and became the very thing you feared the most.

I sometimes see you in public and watch how you avoid my line of sight in vain, I wonder what would you say having to see the broken mess I became. I remember your last words to me "she will be the reason you walkaway" and how true have those words been. When I think of all that I have endured I always remember it's because of the wrong I did to you, never getting the chance to say I'm sorry or even to show you how right you were. I guess the best thing I did was leave you, time has certainly been kinder to you than me. I still watch your progress and see your success, makes me smile to see that your potential is being unleashed and shining brightly for all the world to see. I know someday we gonna cross paths again, I only hope and pray that on that day I'm man enough to face you.

No comments:

Post a Comment