Monday, November 29, 2010

Circumstances

This one is for those of us who are confused as to why relationships degenerate to embarrassing levels in public. Let's all be honest with ourselves, no one likes to be humiliated especially in the middle of "john" public for any reason, much less personal ones like relationship drama. Now a dear friend of mine unfortunately witnessed such an event and was understandably upset by the boy's behaviour. Personally I was always raised to NEVER insult, offend, disrespect, embarrass, frustrate or damage anyone in life, especially women, needless to say if I see any of my people performing such acts it's met with a very negative response from me. So now, here we have a situation where for some reason, this boy is insulting the people girl child in a very public place for some reason and the girl is just there taking all the humiliation.

I have a couple of issues with this situation as it brings back some old and some recent memories in such circumstances, firstly, as a member of the male species it is absolutely ignorant for him to insult and disrespect a woman in public for any reason. If you have soo much issues with the woman then you should either leave her and go your merry way or wait until you get home and sort out whatever drama is in the relationship. Secondly, that woman is some kind of a dummy to even consider sitting there and accepting such attitude, whether she's right wrong or indifferent, that is really a sad display of how low her self respect really is. Now onto the most puzzling and disturbing part of the whole situation, and that is the actual reason for his behaviour and her reaction, I have to admit that relationships are beyond complicated so any number of reasons could explain this matter. Recently I too was reminded as to how out of hand these things get, an after work lime went horribly wrong recently when the driver got a call to pick up a friend he knew in price plaza chaguanas before we made our way home. After we picked up the friend and began making our way back on course, we were signalled to pull over by a white wagon to which the driver obliged. My first thought was it may have been an unmarked police car until the driver stormed out and started cursing the driver, if that wasn't bad enough he pulled the young lady we picked up and started punching her all over! At this point I exited the vehicle and accosted the abusive boy armed with my trusty utility blade. He backed off and eventually left the area after I threatened to kill him. The story that followed was even more disturbing, it turns out that the driver of our vehicle knew the abusive man and only pulled over because he recognized the vehicle. He also knew that the man and the girl had an on and off relationship and that things weren't entirely over with them. The relationship was long ended but they were still sleeping together so the emotions are more than still running high. It was so bad that when we dropped the young lady at the police station, no one else but me was with her to make the report as they knew that she was still leading on the man despite her claims that she was not seeing him. She admitted to me that she was still sleeping with him but always told him that she was with someone else. Now people, this is what I am speaking about, HOW CAN YOU HAVE SEX OR ANY KIND OF RELATIONSHIP WITH AN EX BOYFRIEND/ GIRLFRIEND AND NOT EXPECT FEELINGS TO BE INVOLVED? No matter who you are, if you were in a relationship where feelings were very strong and things were never really resolved, you're going to surprise yourself by your own reactions when this person returns to your life in such a personal style. The sad part is that these things occur on a regular basis and when the public sees the man's reaction then automatically the world of men need to learn respect! I'm being honest with you had I known that she was sleeping with the man from before I really wasn't getting out of that vehicle because that is a clear case of "put yuh hand in hot water, bound to bun!" There is no way you can put someone in such a situation and not expect these things to happen, men and women are emotional creatures and situations that play on our emotions usually end up in reactions like that whether we are christian or not!

This isn't the first time I've seen or heard of such situations and to be honest no matter who the victim is, my position on such actions remain the same. While it is true that respect is due to each other, it is also true that if you break such then you really shouldn't expect the other person to maintain their respect for you. I myself have been placed in situations where I've had to publicly embarrass a woman because she refused to tell the truth over something like why she's having an external relationship with another man while being with me! So people let's all be grown here, forgiveness is divine, forgetfullness a blessing, but stupidity is a sin, even the almighty father who we worship in spirit and truth has shown us that there is a limit to how far disrespect will be tolerated (see the story of noah and the book of revelation). Now having said such a thing, it would be really hypocritical of me to omit that god did say he was sorry for causing the flood and so to we must always ensure to make amends and peace for such actions, just as those who offend us are expected to make amends with us when we are offended.

Beware the Earthbound Immortal Furor

2 comments:

  1. Raul....Monique here!.. U no I saw U liming @ Jason's on Tragrete Road with sum ppl, probably on Fri I think. U see dat pieace of madness U got urself involved in.. U codda got ur brains blown out ur head. Dat's Y d old adage is 'Doh get involved in man & woman business".. But thank God everything, went in a way were u got an eye opener to her dealings.
    Feelings and emotions go hand in hand, nobody is immune to them. But I hope dat young lady learnt from her mistakes otherwise she'll be doomed to repeat them.
    Well Im thankful that ur ok.. & able to tell de story. Keep blessed & Safe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks love, yea i know it was risky and I thank god that I escaped to tell the tale unscathed. I promise you that I'll be more careful. It was that said same friday night that you saw me, can't believe you didn't stop to say howdy. Man and woman business will always be filled with drama and to be honest my experience tells me that she won't learn from her mistakes because most women in these situations usually go right back.

    P.S. I know it's you mo, I can't miss that glorious smile and eternal beauty anywhere

    ReplyDelete